So, you might’ve heard of a friend whom you know as a person who takes care of their teeth but recently got their wisdom teeth removed. Is it because your friend had problems? What most people don’t know is that wisdom teeth are normally occurring. But, its emergence from beneath the gums may cause a problem to the patient. Wisdom teeth removal, to reiterate, is not required unless the wisdom teeth create a problem that affects other teeth.
The wisdom teeth are another set of molars at the back of the mouth. Usually, the teeth emerge between 17 to 21 years old. But, some people experience growth of wisdom teeth from a later age. Assuming no problems happened, the wisdom teeth will pose no threat to your oral health.
However, wisdom teeth can cause serious problems if its growth affects other teeth. In medical terms, wisdom teeth may become impacted or infected if it is not growing under normal circumstances.
Impacted Wisdom Teeth
When wisdom teeth become impacted, it gets stuck in the jaw bone thus preventing it from emerging from the gums. The most common reason for an impacted wisdom tooth is due to incompatibility of the size of the jaw and the teeth. Sometimes, the adjacent tooth becomes a barrier that causes impacted wisdom teeth.
In wisdom teeth removal Capalaba clinics, you may avail tooth extraction services in order to ease the pain and other symptoms. Below are some of the common signs of an irregularly erupting wisdom teeth:
- There is pain as a result of partially-erupted wisdom teeth. The pain may be due to the pressure from the jaw or from the adjacent teeth.
- There are signs of infection due to partially-erupted wisdom teeth. A small opening from the gums can cause bacteria to enter and cause infection. The pain may arise due to inflammation from within the gums. If not prevented, it may result in tooth decay. Wisdom teeth removal is highly recommended.
- There are signs of damage to adjacent teeth due to its impacted growth.
- There are obvious signs of cysts growing at the point of impaction. The cysts can cause the roots of the adjacent teeth to die which would result in tooth decay.
If you are experiencing severe pain or abnormal bad breath, it is better to consult dentists offering tooth extraction Victoria Point area. Bad breath is also a symptom of decaying teeth.
The Best Time for Wisdom Teeth Removal
When there is extreme pain or abnormalities happening in your mouth, consult a dentist now. You may need emergency dental Capalaba services in order to prevent the infection from spreading. The doctor will recommend the removal of wisdom teeth if the following symptoms arise:
- Pain and inflammation
- Cysts or tumours in the point of impaction
- The emergence of gum diseases
- Damage to adjacent teeth
Removing the wisdom teeth is not required under standard dental practice. However, removing will only be required if it already causes infection or damage to adjacent teeth. Consult the dentists from Redland Bay Smiles Dental Clinic first and undergo tests before deciding to have it removed.
For more information, visit https://dentistredlandbay.com.au/wisdom-teeth-removal/